Job Description and Application
Closing date: Sunday 4 February 2018.
Email your application to email@example.com,au
The NEMBC is the national peak organisation representing ethnic community radio broadcasters throughout Australia. There are over 600 member radio programs at over 100 metropolitan and regional stations, broadcasting in some 100 languages and producing over 2500 hours of local programming each week.
The Administration Officer ensures the smooth running of the NEMBC office and supports the Executive Officer and the Executive Committee and will assist the Youth and Womens Committee. We are looking for a multi-skilled person with strong administrative skills and some operational skills, with excellent computer skills and preferably experience in databases and an aptitude for writing. The NEMBC office has four staff. Work is in a multicultural environment and cross-cultural communications are required. Self motivation, initiative and an enthusiasm for the objectives of the NEMBC are important.
People from a non-English speaking background are encouraged to apply.
To apply applicants must follow the guidelines mentioned below in ‘How to Apply to For This Position’. Applicants that don’t submit applications as stated below may not be considered.
For further information please refer to www.nembc.org.au
- $50,00 per annum, plus 9% superannuation
- Provide administrative, operational and research support to the NEMBC Executive Officer and the NEMBC Executive Committee.
- Provide assistance to the Youth and Womens Committees.
- Organise the NEMBC office including: use of a range of computer software, maintaining databases, updating websites and using electronic forms of communication.
- Work on office finances and liaise with the organisation’s part-time book keeper.
- Organise Committee meetings and keep records of travel, accommodation and reimbursement of expenses.
- Assist with the organization of the national conference each year (held in different states).
- Responsible for coordinating the production of the NEMBC’s quarterly journal, The Ethnic Broadcaster, including commissioning contributions, sub-editing, layout and printing.
- Oversee and maintain the NEMBC national database.
- Preparation and checking reports and documents for accuracy.
In your application please answer these Key Selection Criteria – essential and desirable below.
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven experience working in an administration or operational role.
- Proven office organisational skills and file management skills.
- Demonstrated high computer literacy: particularly with programs in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience working in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment showing sensitivity to people from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Understanding of and ability to work with policies and procedures of an organisation.
- Well developed writing skills.
- Good personal skills such as: communication; teamwork; self motivation and demonstrates initiative and pays attention to detail.
Understanding of computer software programs that deal with databases and graphic layout such as Microsoft Access or In-Design.
Knowledge of or experience in the community broadcasting sector
Responsible to the NEMBC Executive Committee, through the Executive Officer.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
The following information is to assist you to apply for the position.
YOU MUST ADDRESS ALL THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA (KSC) – (ESSENTIAL Point 3 and DESIRABLE Point 4). EACH POINT OF THE KSC MUST BE ADDRESSED ONE BY ONE IN A PARAGRAPH OR TWO AND A RECENT RESUME INCLUDED IN THE APPLCIATION.
THE ANSWERS TO THE KSC SHOULD BE PUT BEFORE THE RESUME IN THE APPLICATION.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS THAT DON’T ADDRESS THE KSC MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Here are some basic pointers and further information on the KSC.
It is a good idea to do dome basic research about the job before submitting your application to achieve the best results. Before you apply, we suggest that you think about the job requirements and gather some information so that you can focus better on your job application.
If you don’t fully understand the job requirements you may have difficulty demonstrating that you are the best person for the job. Study the Position Description, including Key Selection Criteria, along with any other relevant information you have collected. If you are unsure about any aspects of the job, call the Administration Officer during normal business hours. They’ll be happy to answer your questions.
The following is a good checklist:
- Read and reread the advertisement, KSC and Position Description.
- Print or save the Job Details, Position Description, so you can easily refer to it later.
- Highlight key words in the first KSC and think about what the employer is asking for.
- The Key Selection Criteria outlines the qualities, knowledge and skills needed to do the job. Write a short statement (one or two paragraphs) that sells your specific capabilities for each criterion. List examples of how you meet the KSC. Describe relevant skills, experience, incidents, training and personal qualities. Include specific examples by demonstration of how you have experienced those skills and knowledge in past positions.
Writing a good response to each criterion is invaluable in preparing you for the interview stage of the selection process. You could use the SAO approach:
Situation – Where and when did you do it?
Action – What did you and how did you do it?
Outcome – What was the result of your actions?
Find out about the employer. – Go to their website and get the information about the organisation. This will give you a better understanding of what kind of work you will be doing.
Ask yourself these questions:
Decide if you are you qualified to do the job.
Do I meet all or most of the Key Selection Criteria of the job?
If so, then you are ready to apply and answer the KSC and send us your resume.
Good luck with your application.
For further enquires ring the Executive Officer Russell Anderson on 9486 9549
For all enquiries please contact the NEMBC by phone on (03) 9486 9549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org